Belly fat looks exceptionally bad and also decreases the overall presentation of your body. It is important to be fit in today’s world as many a time’s things depend on your presentation. Check out top stomach exercises for making you fit and healthy.
Top Stomach Exercises
Rolling plank exercise
This is one exercise that will train your entire core with the utmost intensity. Regular planks will for sure boost the strength of your core which is essential for your fat loss.
- First, lie down on the floor with your elbows and knees resting on the ground.
- Keep your head straight in line with the spine and parallel to the ground.
- Gently lift the knees so that your toes and elbows are the only parts in contact with the ground.
- Contract your knees and keep your breathing normal.
- Keeping your breathing normal makes this exercise easier to perform.
- The pose you are in is the plank pose; remain in this pose for a minimum of 30 seconds.
The stomach vacuum
This is more of a breathing exercise that does not give much stress to your heart. This is a low impact exercise but will surely show desirable results in long run.
- Take a position on the ground in which your knees and your palms support your body from the ground.
- Inhale and exhale deeply, loosening and tightening your abdominal muscles alternatively.
- Hold the exhale position for 15-30 seconds.
- Repeat the exercise.
You should avoid this exercise if you are suffering from any heart or lung problem. And perform this exercise on an empty stomach to avoid any indigestion.
It is a fun exercise giving your abdomen a tough time. All you need for this exercise is a chair.
- Keep your spine straight and shoulders relaxed while you sit on the chair.
- Your palms should be beside you and your palms should be at the side of your hips facing downwards.
- Inhale deeply, quite an easy step to do.
- While you exhale, contract your legs such that they come close to your chest.
- Bring your legs down, slowly. This is one cycle, repeat this 10-15 times for the starters.
Bending side to side
This is another basic level exercise that directly targets the love handles. It is one of the easiest exercises and will show good result in no time.
- Stand normally as you do keeping your hands to your side.
- Now bend your body to either side, say right. So bend your body to your right as much as possible till you feel a strain in your left waist. While you do this your right hand should be at your right hip and your left hand should rise upwards.
- Hold this position for 15 seconds and then return to the original position.
- Now repeat this process for the other side for the same duration.
It is one of the best cardio exercises. Did you think it is too simple to be effective? The only thing that you need to keep in mind is that you need to walk at a steady pace. Having an effective diet and 35-40 minutes of walking in your routine will slowly and gradually decrease that ugly fat.
It works on increasing your metabolism and heart rate which gives you long lasting effects too. And as you should not make your body habitual of a single type of workout clubbing it with running is also a good idea. This will make the results visible in less time.
This is a known fact that swimming is the greatest fat burner. It is one of the best forms of cardio. Learning swimming also adds up to your skill set and is also interesting to perform. It is unlike the conventional exercises that would bore you.
The only thing that you need to keep in mind is that you need to choose some up-tempo and strenuous strokes so that you can get the maximum work done in a small period of time.